The Smokin’ Midge was invented by Ken Roberts. Living in the Highlands of Scotland and loving salmon fishing, Ken found that numerous days on the river were ruined by the persistence of midges. He tried repellents and nets and although effective in their own way, the midges would always find a gap in the armour, so to speak. No method prevented them from swarming around your face and hair and making their way under nets. Thus the creation of The Smokin’ Midge, which works by confusing the human trail of CO2 and repelling at the same time.
Each tin has 50 Clava cones.
– Place the centre of the Clava cone over the pin inside the tin.
– Using your thumb and forefinger, gently rotate it backwards and forwards while applying a little pressure until it is on securely and tightly. (Making sure the bottom of the cone is as close to the tin as possible.)
– When the midgies appear, simply light one of the cones and blow it out after about 10 seconds.
– Put the lid on and put the tin high up on your arm using the stretch arm band to keep it in place.
– Put in on the arm that is down wind from your face.
– Each cone should provide up to 20-30 minutes of midge repellent.